Fire officials in Morocco, IN have determined the cause of a fire that destroyed a Morocco home early Wednesday morning.
Fire Chief Corrie Myers reports investigators determined the fire at 301 W. Grove St. was electrical in origin. An overloaded power strip, one that was a multiple-plug type outlet was the cause.
No injury was reported.
It’s the second incident this year and third since May of 2015 in the town of Morocco, where overloaded electrical equipment was determined to be the cause of a house fire.
Officials urge homeowners to inspect power strips, avoid overloading plugs, unplug devices when not in use, never plug one power strip into another and never plug several power strips in consecutively.