facebook-logo twitter-logo

Menu
  • Parent Category: News

House fire in Watseka

An overloaded power strip is to blame for a house fire in Watseka (Thursday). An elderly male occupant was removed from the house by firefighters and treated for smoke inhalation at a hospital. The home at 904 N. Chicago was a total loss. The un-identified occupant was one of two people home at the time. Three residents live at the house, according to Watseka Fire Chief Tim Ketchum.

Watseka Fire answered the call just after 9 am. Crescent City and Milford Fire and Riverside Ambulance also responded.

The State Fire Marshall investigated determining the cause to be electrical.

94.1 WGFA