facebook-logo twitter-logo

Menu
  • Parent Category: News

Morocco fire damages home, no injury

Gregory and Katelyn Robinson are members of the Morocco, IN fire department. They became fire victims Saturday.

An emergency call to 9-1-1 at 9:40 am alerted Morocco fire to the Robinson residence at 414 > Main Street. Robinson and his infant son were able to escape the home OK.

Brook and Lake County fire personnel assisted Morocco firemen in keeping the fire contained to a bedroom. It was a window air-conditioning unit that triggered the fire which then spread to a mattress. There was heavy smoke damage throughout the house.

Foul play was not suspected. The State Fire Marshall will investigate.

Crib fire alerts Brook department ---

A hot ember from a brush fire set the roof of a crib on fire at the Brandon Walker residence Saturday afternoon. The Brook-Iroquois Township Fire Department answered the call with mutual aid from Morocco and Concord and Donovan from Illinois.

The fire was contained to the crib. No injury was reported.

94. WGFA