facebook-logo twitter-logo

Menu
  • Parent Category: News

Ford County: Elliott home destroyed by fire

A rural Elliott home was destroyed by fire Tuesday, most likely as a result of an electrical issue, said Elliott’s fire chief, Bill Smith.

Volunteer firefighters from Elliott, Gibson City and Melvin spent over four hours fighting a house fire Tuesday. Firemen were unable to save the 2-story, wood-frame house at 816 E and 500 N Road.

Elliott firefighters were called to the fire around 11 am. Firemen were at the scene til about 3:30 pm. No injury was reported. The occupants....a man and his wife....are being assisted by the Gibson City American Legion Post.

94.1 WGFA