A Wednesday morning tool shed fire in Newton County DID $50,000 damage. 23 firefighters spent around two hours fighting the blaze near the Illinois state line.
The fire was reported just before 7 am at 8224 S 675 W in rural Washington Township.
Brook-Iroquois Township Volunteer Fire Chief Kyle Conrad said mutual aide came from Kentland and Morocco and Donovan.
The fire was believed to have been started by a faulty block heater on a tractor that was stored inside the shed.
Around $50,000 worth of damage was caused in the fire.