facebook-logo twitter-logo

Menu
  • Parent Category: News

Cissna Park family escapes house fire; officials urge safety measures

Fire officials are warning residents of fire hazards as the temperatures remain frigid. They say alternate heat sources like candles, fireplaces and portable heaters put people at risk as they try to stay warm. Overloaded electrical outlets often-times pose a greater risk of residential fires.

In Cissna Park Wednesday night, a single-family structure was gutted by flames that may have been electrical in nature. Cissna Park Fire Chief Joe Young reports the Tim Anderson family was forced to seek other housing after their home at 305 W. Church was damaged. No injury was reported.

Chief Young said the State Fire Marshall will investigate.

Approximately 30 firemen from Milford, Buckley, Loda and Rankin were at the scene from 10:30 pm ‘til 4 am today.
Fire officials also advise families to be prepared by having working smoke detectors, knowing multiple ways out of the home and having a family meeting place in case of emergency.

94.1 WGFA