Fire destroyed the home of Dave Buhr in Paxton Wednesday night. And the community has immediately stepped up to help. The two-story home on W. Pells Street was gutted. No injury was reported. Two dogs were also rescued. Firemen from Buckley and Loda assisted Paxton fire officials. The State Fire Marshall is investigating.
A GoFundMe page is set up to assist Buhr and his family. A $5,000 fundraising goal has generated a great response, according to Paxton Fire Chief Denny Kingren.
The Paxton EMA office is also accepting clothing donations and other items. Monetary donations are welcome, according to friends and neighbors.
The fire call came in late Wednesday afternoon. Flames were seen coming from the back of the house. The fire appeared to start on the second story.
The fire was extinguished in about an hour’s time but rekindled around 1:30 Thursday morning.