Congresswomen Robin Kelly and Jan Schakowsky are hosting a health care panel discussion Monday in Chicago. “Solutions Only” is a Non-Partisan Congressional Field Inquiry on Improving Healthcare.
The goal of raising Congressional discourse above hyper-partisan politics, Rep. Kelly convenes an issues-focused hearing aimed at strengthening the debate on healthcare reform. Constituents and stakeholders will have the opportunity to listen and ask questions to a panel of local healthcare experts and discuss how we can meet the health needs of Illinois families.
Invitations have been extended to the entire Illinois Delegation. The program is Monday, August 14 9:30 ‘til 11:30 am at the Everett M. Dirksen U.S. Courthouse in Chicago.
Panel of expert witnesses:
· Dr. Robert Winn, Director of the UIC Cancer Center, Associate VP for Health Affairs, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
· Terika Richardson, President of Advocate Trinity
· Donna Thompson, CEO, Access Community Health Network
· Dr. Susan Rogers, (retired) Internist from Stroger Hospital
· Dr. Ulysses Burley, HIV/AIDS Consultant, Founder of UB The Cure LLC
· Dr. Raul Garza, Aunt Martha’s CEO, speaking on behalf of the Board of Roseland Community Health Center