facebook-logo twitter-logo

  • Parent Category: News

100-year-old Kankakee home destroyed by fire

Kankakee fire officials say it was a space heater that caused the Monday night fire that destroyed a 100-year-old house on E. Court Street in Kankakee.

Damage is listed at $110,000. Two people were displaced from the blaze which closed the 1000-block of Court Street for emergency vehicles.

A Mutual Aid Box Alarm System alerted firemen from Bradley, Bourbonnais, Aroma Park and Limestone just before 10 pm. Firefighters were at the scene until 1:30 Tuesday morning.

94.1 WGFA