More than two dozen firemen from four departments responded to a house fire north of Cissna Park Monday. No injury was reported. Extensive damage was done to a single-story ranch. Officials reported the fire spread from a fireplace to the attic.
Cissna Park, Buckley, Loda and Milford responded shortly before 11:30 am. to 114 W. Hislop Drive in the Kellart Lake subdivision. Its located off of Illinois 49.
Owner Larry Martyn and his wife were using their fireplace when they smelled smoke and called 911.
The damage was isolated to the living room and attic but was "pretty extensive," Young said.