RMC Raises More Than $24,000 During Relay For Life Events
KANKAKEE, IL (November 5, 2013) – Riverside Medical Center has been a proud supporter of Relay For Life for many years. While our main sponsorships are in Kankakee and Iroquois counties, many of our community health centers participate at the community level in local town relays. This year the American Cancer Society recognized the Riverside teams' accomplishment of raising an additional $24,098.22 along with Riverside Medical Center's Presenting Sponsorship support.
Overall there were 1,075 people who participated in Relay For Life of Kankakee County raising a total of $400,000. Five of the 88 teams at Relay For Life in Kankakee County were from Riverside Medical Center including:
• Riverside 3ICU Angels, lead by Coleen McCabe and raised $8,999
• Riverside Nuts About Kicking Cancer, lead by Brian Joiner and raised $5,134
• Riverside Relay Committee lead by Nancy Moore and raised $3,000
• Riverside Radiology Scanning for a Cure lead by Jane Schwark and raised $1,307
• Riverside Surgery Guts for Glory lead by Cathy Harms-Wood and raised $3,344
In Iroquois County, where there were 24 teams and 354 people who participated, Riverside had a team, RMC Cancer Fighters, lead by Kayla Cox. The team raised $2,314.22. More than $128,000 was raised through the Relay For Life efforts in Iroquois County.
Next year's Relay For Life will be held
• Iroquois County – June 13, 2014 at Watseka High School
• Kankakee County – June 14, 2014 at Bishop McNamara Catholic High School
94.1 FM, WGFA