The Daily-Journal reports carbon monoxide poisoning is believed to have been the cause of death for a 1-year-old child in Kankakee Saturday. and hospitalized his mother.
Kankakee police reported a passerby found the baby and its mother inside a running car in the 100-block of N. Washington Avenue.
The child was pronounced dead at the hospital. An autopsy was scheduled.
Investigators said the 23-year-old mother and child were traveling from Iroquois County. The mother was hospitalized.
Emergency responders said high levels of carbon monoxide were detected inside the car.