|Attic Fire causes minor damage at home in Melvin|
MELVIN — A fire that caused minor damage to the attic of a Melvin home Thursday afternoon appears to have been caused by an electrical issue.
Larry Boundy, chief of the Roberts-Melvin Fire Protection District reported 12 firefighters responded at 1:45 p.m. fire in the attic of a one-story home on Hunt St.
The home's owner, Glenn Netherton, tried using a fire extinguisher to put it out before firefighters' arrival.
Boundy said firefighters were on scene for about an hour and a half.
No injuries were reported.
94.1 FM, WGFA