facebook-logo twitter-logo

  • Parent Category: News

Grease Fire Alerts Watseka Fire Department

Someone left grease on the stove.  That led to a fire at 508 N. 2nd Street in Watseka last evening.

Watseka firemen were on the scene just about 30 minutes.  Two other occupants of the house discovered the fire and called 911.  They used a garden hose to put out the fire.   No injury was reported.

There was damage reported to the stove itself, the wall and cabinets. Some damage also affected the rest of the house.  The American Red Cross is assisting the family.


94.1 FM, WGFA